Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A little cold...

Ana woke up with a cough the other day which really made my heart sink. I was hoping that this little cough was allergies and just may( fingers crossed) go away. Here we are a couple days later and the cough is still here and it's
Getting little worse. I guess it's that time of year where the colds will come and along with the colds in a Epileptic are seizures! Eliana has had so much seizure control over this past month , I just don't want her to backslide. Her little body is so sensitive She has such life threatening seizure with a simple cold.

"STARING MODE"

Honestly , every time I hear a cough or see a sniff I get so worried and get into "staring mode". Staring mode is where I literally watch her constantly. With her past Status Epilepticus seizures she had no warning of the seizure, no noise,movement, breathing NOTHING and the trigger...a simple COLD and body temp of 99.5
Luckily I was there both times to give her CPR and call the ambulance otherwise she wouldn't be here with us today. With everything she has endured I get so scared to have her out of my sight. What if the teacher doesn't react fast enough and we lose her? What if I fall asleep at night and she has her Status seizure in her sleep. Like I said she doesn't move doesn't make a noise, she doesn't even breathe ... All of these thoughts rush through my mind when something Like a simple cold presents it self. Now that she's in school it's just makes it that much more difficult for me because I have ALWAYS been here with her... Well somethings are just out of our hands and in GOD's hands. That is where I should leave it along with the worrying...

With that in mind, yes ,Mommy is going to be in staring mode until the Princess Is feeling better! Lol!


Hope everyone has a wonderful week .
Prayers for my Princess!



No comments:

Post a Comment