Saturday, August 11, 2012

About Eliana

My Eliana... Where do I start to tell you about her... My Eliana is 4 years old, she is the youngest of our large family of 8 kids. Eliana may be the youngest but she is by far the strongest person in our household ( including the parents lol)
You see Eliana has Epilepsy , she was diagnosed with Epilepsy in 2010 at the age of two. When she was finally diagnosed it was ALMOST to late...when she was Diagnosed with Epilepsy she has suffered her second Status Epilepticus seizure which nearly killed her and many absence seizures, up to 50 a day. Her Status seizures are non-convulsive, she doesn't make noise, she doesn't move she just lays there and stops breathing... Luckily I was there , performed CPR that helped save my baby's life.
Since being diagnosed with Epilepsy, Eliana has gone through so much! Far more than I , myself ,an adult could ever imagine to endure. Eliana has gone through many EEG's, MRI's, lab work, occupational therapy, physical therapy, neuro-feedback monthly doctors appointments and been through so many different medications and had to suffer through all the side effects... But ,at the end of the day she has never complained. She always has that beautiful smile of hers across her face.
The hardest thing in life is to watch your child suffer and not be able to help or take that pain away. For instance , every time we take Eliana to get blood drawn she will cry , but she will never fight them, she will have her arm there, she will let the tech draw blood, although crying the whole time but she will not move, she will not give them a hard time. When it's all over , she will say "Thank You". Yes, it's sad to the tech that has to draw her blood, but it just shows my baby understands that this is her life, this is what she has to do to get better , and she knows they are all in this to Ultimately help her. It breaks my heart to see her endure ... All we can do is be strong for her...as much as I try I don't think I could ever be as strong as her... I Love you Eliana

No comments:

Post a Comment