Saturday, October 6, 2012

AMAZING fundraising for Epilepsy Awareness Month

Epilepsy Awareness Month is in November and we're in full swing to make this the most successful year for our fundraising. And to be honest we are off to GREAT START!

The other day I walked into our local Pizza Hut (we are Friday night regulars) to see if they wanted to participate in a fundraiser for Epilepsy Awareness. It just so happens the " Head Hancho" of Pizza Hut was there, So I pitched him the idea of having our School Family Night at the NEW Pizza Hut Dine-In and having a fundraiser for Epilepsy Awareness Month. As I started to explain my daughters story and how this would help our community and every Party involved he said "I'M IN" "Let's Do This, My brother had Epilepsy and he passed away from it" before I could say another word tears were streaming, I was overjoyed that this was going to turn out and benefit so many people!
After I stopped crying I went to explain how eventually my Husband and I want to raise awareness to military families. We are apart of the Wounded Warrior Project Alumni and would love to combine the two organizations together. I looked at him and He said that he was apart of that organization and that he is in charge of the events for the Wounded Warrior Project. I was so shocked! So my husband , myself and Mr Bill Wiggins are going to get together and have another event at another Pizza Hut with the two organizations. Mr. Wiggins has been so generous to donate 20% of everything made from 5pm-8pm on Tuesday's in NOVEMBER (during family night)

Our dream is coming true, bringing Awareness to people who are at risk of Developing Epilepsy and almost merging these two organizations together. I know GOD had his hand in bringing all of this together for The Epilepsy Foundation, our School, Pizza Hut and Community. And if that wasn't enough, Mr Wiggins wants to have a portrait of our family in the Pizza Hut Dine-in!

I will post pictures and more info later in the week:-)

Pizza Hut Dine-In in Horizon City will open this Week!


Support Epilepsy Awareness
Paint it Purple
Leave words of encouragement
And Tag it #elianasfight






No comments:

Post a Comment